3M Stikit Paper Disc Roll 236U
• Abrasive Material: Aluminium Oxide
• Application: Finishing, Grinding, Sanding, Surface Preparation for Painting
• Application Category: Blending/Deburring, Finish & Repair, Finishing/Polishing, Orbital Sanding, Paint Prep, Paint Prep, Finish & Repair
• Attachment Type: PSA
• Backing Material: Paper
• Backing Weight: C Weight
• Brand: 3M Stikit™
• Coat Type: Open Coat
• Color Family: Yellow
• Equipment Machines: Random Orbital Sanders
• For Use On: Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Composites, Fiberglass, Fibreglass, Gelcoat, Glass, Hard Composite, Paint, Soft Composite, Softwood, Solid Surface
• Grit: P80, P100, P120, P150, P180, P220, P240, P320, P400, P500
• Industries: Aerospace, AOEM, Composite, Cutting Tool Manufacturing, Marine, Metalworking, Paint Preparation, Transportation & Heavy Equipment
• Max RPM: 10000, 12000
• Overall Diameter: 5" / 127 mm
• Position: Better
• Primary Application: Metalworking, Other Door Assembly Applications, Woodworking, Composite & Advanced Materials
• Product Color: Gold
• Product Form: Disc Roll
• Sub Industries: Cabinetry, Custom Woodworking and Millwork, Furniture, Sub Applications, Primary Wood and Panel Processing
• Substrate: Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Composites, Fiberglass, Fiberglass, Gelcoat, Glass, Hard Composite, Paint, Soft Composite, Softwood, Solid Surface
Scope of Delivery• 400 x pcs 3M Stikit Paper Disc Roll 236U
3M Stikit Paper Disc Roll 236U
Abrasive Products - 3M Stikit Paper Disc Roll 236U
• Adhesive backing allows for quick application and easy removal
• Convenient disc rolls eliminate the need to remove disc liners from individual discs
• Strong, C-weight paper backing provides extra durability when compared to lighter weight paper backings
• Aluminum oxide mineral is durable, cuts fast, and performs well on many surfaces
• Load-resistant coating helps prevent premature loading of the disc surface to maximize cut and extend the life of the abrasive grains
3M™ Stikit™ Paper Disc Roll 236U offers a versatile disc with a convenient adhesive backing ready for quick and easy attachment to a 3M™ Stikit™ backup pad (sold separately). The roll offers quick access to a disc and eliminates disc liners. The disc features a strong, C-weight paper backing that resists wear during aggressive sanding.
Versatile Abrasives Sands a Range of Surfaces
The open-coat construction and load-resistant coating help prevent clogging to maximize cut and the useful life of the disc. 3M™ Stikit™ Paper Disc Roll 236U can be used for sanding and finishing on many different surfaces, such as paint, primer, softwood, metal, plastic, hard and soft composites, and fiberglass.
Stikit™ Discs: Ready-to-Use
Our 3M™ Stikit™ discs are designed to handle a wide range of sanding and finishing needs. These high-quality, coated abrasive products come ready to use with a pressure sensitive adhesive coating on the backside so they conveniently press on to the backup pad, and remove cleanly, leaving an uncontaminated surface for the next disc. The Stikit™ disc should be used in conjunction with our 3M™ Stikit™ backup pad (also called a disc pad and sold separately) that is attached to a disc sander, random orbital sander, or stationary disc sander.
Benefits of Aluminum Oxide
Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges, whereas traditional natural abrasives dull more quickly. Due to its fast cut-rate, hardness, and strength, it is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Load-Resistant for Prolonged Sharp Cut and Service Life
3M™ Stikit™ Paper Discs feature a load-resistant coating that allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would, otherwise, clog the surface of the disc and hinder sanding ability. An open coat means the abrasive grains are spaced slightly apart so that dust can escape rather than loading the cutting edge of the grains, thereby optimizing cut-rate and disc life.
3M abrasive products are widely use across the world in all kinds of industry inclusive oil and gas, aerospace, engineering, automobile and etc. Learn more at 3M Abrasive Products.